Treating wrinkles and lines to the marionette and peri-oral areas
Among other treatment modalities available at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine, our Cosmetic Doctors offer hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers to treat marionette lines and peri-oral lines. This typically involves several steps, including consultation, treatment planning, the actual treatment, and follow-up care.
- Cosmetic Doctor Consultation: The first step in the process is to schedule a consultation with a cosmetic doctor. During this initial appointment, the doctor will evaluate the patient’s skin and facial features to determine if they are a good candidate for the treatment. The doctor will also discuss the patient’s medical history, any medications they are currently taking, and their expectations for the treatment.
- Treatment planning: Based on the patient’s individual needs and desired outcome, the cosmetic doctor will develop a treatment plan that includes the type of dermal filler to be used, the amount needed, and the injection technique to be used. The doctor will also discuss any potential risks or side effects associated with the treatment.
- The treatment itself: On the day of the treatment, the cosmetic doctor will clean the targeted area and may apply a numbing cream or local anaesthesia to minimize discomfort during the injections. The dermal filler is then injected into the targeted areas using a fine needle or cannula. The doctor will massage the area to ensure the filler is evenly distributed and to reduce the risk of swelling or bruising.
- Follow-up aftercare: After the treatment, the patient may experience some swelling or bruising, but these side effects typically subside within a few days. The cosmetic doctor will provide the patient with post-treatment instructions, such as avoiding certain activities or products that could irritate the skin. The doctor may also schedule a follow-up appointment to evaluate the results of the treatment and make any necessary adjustments.
Overall, the treatment process for cosmetic doctors using dermal fillers to treat marionette lines and peri-oral lines is typically straightforward and relatively quick, with minimal downtime or recovery required.
- Adds volume to the marionette lines and surrounding areas such as the peri-oral area.
- Smooths out wrinkles and folds for a more youthful appearance.
- Results are immediate and can last up to 12 months.
- HA dermal fillers are safe and well-tolerated by most patients.
- Treatment is minimally invasive and requires little to no downtime.
- May improve the overall look of the peri-oral area, including the lips and chin.
- Top-up treatments may be performed to prolong the longevity of results.
- Treatment by Cosmetic Doctors only ensures that each plan is tailored to the individual patient’s needs and desired outcome.
- Softening and smoothing of marionette lines and wrinkles around the mouth
- Restoration of lost volume and to provide support to the cheeks and jawline, which may sag with age and contribute to the appearance of marionette lines.
- Improvement in the appearance of downturned corners of the mouth.
- Enhanced definition and plumpness of the lips, which can become thinner and less defined as we age.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles around the lips and mouth area.
- Overall rejuvenation of the peri-oral area for a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
What to expect
Consultation for marionette line dermal filler treatment
- The patient meets with the cosmetic doctor for an initial consultation to discuss their concerns and goals.
- Our Cosmetic Doctor evaluates the patient’s skin and facial structure, and discusses their medical history and any medications they are currently taking.
- Our Cosmetic Doctor then explains the treatment process and any potential risks or side effects associated with the treatment.
- Our Cosmetic Doctor develops a personalised bespoke treatment plan based on the patient’s individual needs and desired outcome.
Dermal filler treatment to marionette and/or to the peri-oral region
- On the day of the treatment, our Cosmetic Doctor at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine starts by cleansing the treatment area and may apply a topical numbing cream or local anaesthesia to minimise discomfort during the dermal filler injectable treatment.
- Using a fine needle or cannula, the doctor injects the HA dermal filler into the targeted areas along the marionette lines and surrounding areas.
- Your treating Cosmetic Doctor may then massage the area to ensure even distribution of the filler and reduce the risk of swelling or bruising.
Post-care / After-care
- The patient may experience some swelling, redness, or bruising after the treatment, but these side effects typically subside within a few days.
- Our Cosmetic Doctor and auxiliary clinical team provide clear post-care instructions, which may include avoiding certain activities or products that could irritate the treated area.
- We then schedule a follow-up appointment as and if required, to evaluate the results of the treatment and review the desire for any necessary adjustments.
- The patient can expect the results to last up to 12 months, at which point they may choose to undergo another treatment to maintain their results.
Overall, the process of consultation, treatment, and post-care for dermal filler treatment to the marionette lines using HA dermal filler by an experienced Cosmetic Doctor is relatively quick and straightforward, with minimal downtime or recovery required.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How does HA dermal filler work to treat marionette lines and peri-oral lines?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) dermal filler works by adding volume to the treatment area, which can smooth out wrinkles and folds, restore lost volume, and enhance the overall appearance of the skin.
Is dermal filler treatment to the marionette area painful?
Dermal filler treatment may cause some mild discomfort, however most patients tolerate it well. Your Cosmetic Doctor at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine may apply a topical numbing cream or local anaesthesia to minimise any discomfort during the injectable procedure.
How long does dermal filler treatment to the marionette and peri-oral region take?
The treatment to marionettes and around the mouth typically takes only around 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the extent of the treatment area and the number of injections undertaken by our Cosmetic Doctor.
Are there any side effects or risks associated with the HA dermal filler treatment to marionettes and around the mouth?
Like any cosmetic treatment, there are potential risks and side effects associated with HA dermal filler treatment, and these will be discussed with your Cosmetic Doctor prior to any injectable treatment being performed at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine. Side effects may include swelling, redness, bruising, infection, and allergic reactions. However, these risks are relatively rare and can be minimised when performed by an experienced Cosmetic Doctor at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine.
How long will the results of HA dermal filler last around the mouth?
The results of HA dermal filler treatment may last up to 12 months, however there may be some variance depending on the patient’s individual physiology and other lifestyle factors, which will be discussed with your Cosmetic Doctor prior to treatment at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine.
Is there any downtime or recovery required port dermal filler treatment to the marionette or around mouth area?
Most patients can resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment, although some may experience mild swelling or bruising for a few days. Your Cosmetic Doctor with supporting clinical team at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine will provide post-care instructions to minimise any discomfort and communicate possible side effects.
Interested in dermal fillers to treat Marionette Lines and Peri-Oral Lines
We welcome you to Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine Sydney for a consultation with our cosmetic doctor, who'll tailor a treatment plan specific to your concerns and desires.