The lymphatic system is the unsung hero of our bodies. It’s a network of organs and tissues that helps eliminate toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials. A critical part of our immune system, it’s responsible for transporting lymph, a fluid that contains infection-fighting white blood cells, to the cells throughout the body.
Unlike the heart, the lymph lacks a pump to push it through the body, and mainly relies on muscular action and body movement. Whenever the lymphatic system does not work efficiently, due to medical conditions or our environment, signs of oedema or tight swollen tissue appear. A common example is a tightness and puffiness in the legs after long haul air travel.
Lymphatic drainage alignment can be from gentle to firm. When performed in line with your treatment plan it is extremely effective, directing fluid towards the heart. Following treatment, which is tailored to each individual, you’ll feel lighter and more energised.
- Minimal discomfort
- No downtime
- Increases immunity
- Reduces post-surgical swelling
- Reduces water retention and helps clear toxins from your system
- Improves skin texture by reducing swelling, puffiness and blotches
- Speeds up the healing of scar tissue
- Reduces cellulite and can reduce thigh circumference
A number of medical conditions respond to lymphatic drainage. To identify suitability for treatment it is best to first consult our practitioner to receive appropriate advice.
Treatment may address:
- Swollen ankles and legs after a long-distance air travel
- Tight sore breasts – Post Menstrual syndrome (PMT) or fibrocystic disease
- Medical conditions – after removing lymph nodes
- Following cosmetic surgery – liposuction, scar tissue
Additional steps to tune the lymphatic system
- Exercise, especially yoga, will greatly improve the workings of your lymphatic system
- Drinking extra water will help in keeping the body well hydrated
- Adding fennel or celery or parsley to other fruits and vegetables to your diet for their diuretic effect
- Add essential oils like geranium, juniper, lemon, and rosemary are helpful for stimulating and cleansing. They can all be used in massages and baths
- Ensure that they are well-dilutes, and that there is no exposure to the sun for at least 12 hours after using lemon or any other citrus oils
What to expect
A consultation with our Health Practitioner is required prior to treatment. In your consult we will develop a personalised treatment plan aligned with your needs and objectives. You will be explained the procedure in detail, we will answer any questions you may have, and give you an understanding of the potential results we can achieve for you.
Interested in Lymphatic Drainage Alignment?
We welcome you to Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine Sydney for a consultation with our cosmetic practitioners, who'll tailor a treatment plan specific to your concerns and desires.