Benefits of non-surgical rhinoplasties
- Minimised Downtime: One of the primary appeals of a non-surgical rhinoplasty using HA Dermal or using long-lifting threads is the reduced downtime it offers when compared to traditional surgical methods. Surgical methods often require weeks of recovery. Conversely, a non-surgical rhinoplasty typically allows patients to resume their regular activities shortly after the procedure.
- Non-Invasiveness: Many individuals are apprehensive about the idea of surgery, with its associated risks and potential complications. A non-surgical rhinoplasty provides a needle or cannula-based alternative, making it a less intimidating option for those seeking nose enhancement.
- Convenience: A non-surgical rhinoplasty is often performed in a medical office setting (such as a cosmetic clinic), and the procedure can be completed in a relatively short amount of time. This convenience caters to busy lifestyles, making it an attractive option for those looking for a minimally-invasive and time-efficient solution to improve their nose’s appearance.
- Cost-Effective: In comparison to a surgical rhinoplasty, non-surgical alternatives are generally more budget-friendly. This cost-effectiveness appeals to individuals seeking cosmetic enchancements without breaking the bank.
- Versatility: A non-surgical rhinoplasty provides the flexibility to refine and enhance various aspects of the nose, including straightening a dorsal hump or lifting a drooping tip. The versatility of HA Dermal Fillers and Nose Threads allows for a tailored approach to meet the aesthetic goals of the individual cosmetic patient.
Which method of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is best for you?
In this next section, I have identified the primary Pros and Cons of Nose Threads as well as the Pros and Cons of Nose Dermal Filler.
Together with my fellow Cosmetic Doctors at Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine (Crows Nest NSW Australia) are available to consult with you about your individual preferences for treatment.
Pros with Nose Threads
- Immediate Results: Nose thread lifting provides immediate visible results, often enhancing the nose’s appearance as soon as the procedure is completed.
- Minimal Downtime: There is usually minimal downtime associated with nose thread lifting, allowing individuals to return to their normal activities soon after the procedure.
- Long-Lasting Effects: Results can last up to 12-24 months (depending on the threads chosen under the individual treatment plan), which is one reason why we suggest booking a Cosmetic Doctor consultation as a first step.
- Enhanced Definition: Threads can help define and reshape the nose in a way that may delay or avoid the need for surgery.
- Reduced Risk: Less risk of vascular occlusion and no risk of blindness, when comparing to HA Dermal Filler treatment as an option. Additionally, with Nose Threads there is no risk of filler migration over time, which is often associated with dermal filler treatments, and that can sometimes lead to an unwanted widening of the nose.
Cons with Nose Threads
- Slightly Less Versatile: Nose thread lifting is generally better for contouring and slight lifts to the nose. Our cosmetic Doctors find that dermal filler can be used for more detailed refinement to the shape of the tip of the nose.
- Slight Bruising or Swelling: Some patients may experience mild bruising or swelling post-procedure.
- Lesser Repeatability: Should not be repeated earlier than 6-12 months therefore refinements need to be performed using dermal filler or delayed until it is safe to repeat Nose Threads.
Nose Threads at a glance
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty with Dermal Filler
Pros with Nose Filler
- Versatility: Dermal fillers offer a wide range of possibilities for reshaping the nose, from smoothing out bumps to lifting and refining the shape of the tip.
- Immediate Results: Like thread lifting, dermal fillers provide immediate results.
- Non-Invasive: This method does not require incisions or surgery.
- Adjustable: Dermal filler results are adjustable, allowing for fine-tuning if necessary.
Cons with Nose Filler
- Shorter Duration: Dermal filler results typically last around 6-12 months, necessitating periodic touch-ups.
- Potential Discomfort: Some patients may experience mild discomfort during injection.
- Swelling and Bruising: As with thread lifting, there may be some temporary swelling and bruising.
- Higher risk of vascular occlusion: This can be reversed with filler dissolving injections (using Hyalase), however close monitoring and a heightened awareness of this potential complication is necessary when compared to threads.
- Risk of migration: Dermal filler may migrate, especially towards the top of the bridge of the nose, thereby leading to a widened appearance of the nose.
The choice between nose thread lifting and non-surgical rhinoplasty with HA Dermal Filler ultimately depends on an individual’s specific goals and needs.
Nose thread lifting may be preferred for those seeking immediate, long-lasting results with minimal downtime. Nose threads are ideal for individuals looking to address minor imperfections, creating a higher and sharper nose bridge and lifting the nasal tip.
On the other hand, a non-surgical rhinoplasty with HA Dermal Filler offers greater versatility and adjustability, making it a better choice for those with more complex nose reshaping needs, even though it may require periodic touch-ups.
In either case, it is crucially important to first consult with a registered medical professional to determine the most suitable approach to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome in line with one’s individual goals.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can Nose Threads be repeated?
In short, yes. However, a review with your Cosmetic Doctor is needed, and we generally recommend waiting at least 6 to 12 months before repeat treatment with Nose Threads, depending on what the Cosmetic Doctor recommends for you.
Can Nose Threads and Nose Filler be combined?
Yes, however this needs to be discussed with your Cosmetic Doctor, as there are certain risks when combining the two treatments. For example, we generally do not recommend using Dermal Filler to the nose in the same treatment session as Nose Threads, due to increased risk of infection in some cases.
Do Nose Threads last longer than Dermal Filler to the nose?
Yes, Nose Threads results last longer than Dermal Filler in the Nose. However, this depends on the brand, type and style of the Threads used and how many Nose Threads are used in the treatment.
Dermal Filler to the nose usually requires top-up treatments in between 6 to 12 months later, whereas Nose Threads can last up to 24 months (noting this is variable on the thread type[s] used), before repeat treatment is considered. This is because Nose Threads stimulate natural collagen under the skin and the result can last longer than the actual Threads after they have dissolved.
Are Nose Threads much more invasive than Nose Dermal Filler?
No, Nose Threads are inserted using a small needle entry point and a small cannula, which is very similar to how we inject dermal filler into the nose. However, because Nose Threads are slightly larger, stimulate collagen and local anaesthetic injections are used, there a risk of swelling for a few days after the procedure, although this is generally mild swelling.
How will I know if Nose Threads or Nose Dermal Filler is the right option for me?
After a consultation with your Cosmetic Doctor in which your specific concerns are discussed with regards to your nose, considering your personal goals, a personalised treatment plan will be recommended. This may include either only Nose Threads, or Nose Dermal Filler, or perhaps a combination of both at different times.
Interested in Nose Threads of Nose Dermal Filler by Cosmetic Doctor?
We welcome you to Pavilion Cosmetic Medicine Sydney for a consultation with our Cosmetic Doctors, who'll tailor a treatment plan specific to your concerns and desires.
Cosmetic Doctor treatment offerings
All injectables by Cosmetic Doctor only
- Wrinkle Relaxers
- Dermal Fillers
- Collagen Stimulating Injectables
- Hyaluronic Acid Bio-stimulating Injectables
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating)
- HayTox for Hayfever Symptoms
- Thread Lifting (Face, Neck, Body)
- Xanthelasma Removal
- Mole Removal and Skin Tag Removal